I didn’t plan to post a cookie recipe this week but I ended up baking with the kids I look after so here it is. I’m presenting you…VEGAN CRINKLE COOKIES! I didn’t have the chance to take more photos, because I honestly forgot in all the excitement. I tried to do my best with the one I did take and I hope it makes you want to give this quick and delicious recipe a try.
one small banana or half of a big one (about 70g)
100g all-purpose flour
1tsp baking powder
20g cacao powder
50g brown sugar
100g dark vegan chocolate
50g dark vegan chocolate chips (or chopped up chocolate)
3 tbsp olive oil
some water (if the dough is too dry) and powdered sugar (to coat the cookies)
Preheat oven to 180°C and cover the tray with baking paper. Set aside.
1. In a bowl mash the banana using a fork or a hand blender until it’s all liquid and gooey. Add the brown sugar and cocoa powder.
2. In a separate bowl combine 100g of chocolate and all of the oil. Melt it in the microwave or on the stove.
3. When your chocolate is completely melted stir in the banana mixture. Add the flour and baking powder. If the dough seems too dry, try adding a little bit of water. Finally throw in the chocolate chips.
4. Shape the dough into small balls. I helped myself with a spoon to get same sized cookies. Coat each cookie with powdered sugar and place them on the baking paper. All you need to do in the end is flatten the cookies with a spoon.
5. Bake for 15min on 180°C. Makes 15 delicious cookies.